YouTube has become a mainstay in the video industry. However, there are only limited ways to download the videos offline. While YouTube Premium permits downloading a video for independent review, it comes at an expensive cost.
There are a few ways to download videos through the web and applications. This guide will cover step-by-step instructions on how to use these applications.
Is downloading YouTube videos legal in Canada?
Using applications to download YouTube videos is against YouTube’s terms. However, the doctrine of fair use permits downloading to some extent. Fair use is a legal doctrine that says you can limitedly use copyright-protected sources in some circumstances without the copyright owner’s permission.
All you need to keep in mind before you download YouTube videos is that the downloaded YouTube videos are for personal use, not for commercial use.
How to Download YouTube Videos
1. 4K Video Downloader
To download YouTube videos to a Windows PC, you can download and install a 4K Video Downloader. The application is free.
- Open your internet browser, search for the video you need to download from YouTube.
- Copy its URL from Youtube. Then, get back to the 4K Video Downloader and insert the URL in the button at the upper left.
- The application will recover data about the video and give you a decision on the different qualities available.
- The download will start as soon as you select your choice quality. On the off chance that there are different recordings in the maker’s channel, 4K Video Downloader will also find out if you need to download those. It can download up to 24 videos.
Video is saved in your storage after downloading.
2. Download YouTube Videos on iPhone with Shortcuts
Another way to download YouTube videos, especially to your iPhone, is to use an iOS app for video download. Apps like Shortcuts and Documents are helpful to save YouTube videos to an iPhone or iPad. You can follow the steps below to use Shortcuts to download.
Ensure your iDevice is running iOS 12 or above.
- Visit Shortcuts on your mobile device to download the application.
- Select the “Share” button in any app on your iDevice, click “More,” and then switch on “Shortcuts.”
- Go to watch the video in the YouTube app, click “Share,” and choose “Shortcuts.”
- Click “Download YouTube.” Then the download will start.
- When it has been done, select “Save to photo album.”
Now you can see the video in the Camera Roll of the Photos app on your iDevice.
TubeMate is quite possibly the most well-known instrument for downloading YouTube recordings on Android cell phones. In light of current circumstances: it is straightforward to utilize and has the highlights you need with no fancy ads you do not need.
The TubeMate video downloader is not listed on the Google Play Store, so as a matter of first importance, you will have to permit your Android gadget to introduce and run applications downloaded from different spots.
- Download TubeMate
You can download the app easily online.
When TubeMate has downloaded, run the document and tap ‘Introduce.’
At that point, tap ‘Open.’ You need to accept the terms and conditions of the video downloader.
Once you are through, the application will be installed.
- Download the video
- Open the app
- Search for the video you will like to download
- At the point when you have seen the video you want, tap the red ‘Download.’
- The video will download behind the scenes, so you can continue to utilize your telephone as typical
- You can also add other videos to download later. It helps in case you’re, as of now, using 4G.
4. YouTube Premium
If you have a YouTube Premium membership, you’ll appreciate different advantages, including the capacity to download recordings to watch disconnected without outsider programming. You can do this utilizing YouTube, YouTube Music, and YouTube gaming applications.
You can watch the downloaded videos on YouTube. However, you can’t send or share the video on another device.
- Begin watching a video
- Tap the ‘Download’ button under the player and pick a quality setting.
- When the video has been downloaded from YouTube effectively, you can discover it in your Library or Record tab.
Video downloading applications typically give options on download formats. The standard options are MP4, 3GP, AVI, and MOV. Your choice of organization and quality settings will influence what you can watch your video on and how great the video will be. It would be best if you chose appropriately according to your internet data, storage and device.