If you’ve been searching for the best internet deals in Canada, we’ve put together a well-researched list you can choose from. Our reviews are unbiased and based on personal experiences, reviews or qualitative data.
What would the 21st century look like without the internet?
Without the internet, Zoom or Google platforms for video meetings with friends, families, and workmates would have been unavailable; chatting platforms like WhatsApp and Facebook messenger would not be accessible.
In fact, without the internet, life would probably have been a little boring in comparison. Internet connection makes the world go around within seconds.
Everyone wants the cheapest and best internet deals. Poor internet can be very frustrating. It is even sadder when a huge amount is being paid to secure the internet.
Circumventing the pothole of poor internet means you have to know the best internet deals available.
In this guide, I’ve profiled the best internet deals to answer some of the top questions around internet deals in Canada including:
- Which is the best internet deal for home internet?
- What is the best deal on the internet?
- How much should you be paying for the internet only?
- Who has the cheapest and best internet service?
Amidst other questions. So how do you find the best internet deals in Canada?
How to choose an internet deal
Canada’s internet services differ from conventional internet services around the world because:
- Canada’s territory is vast.
- High population
This means the internet deals available for you depends essentially on:
- Where you live
- Whether you are subscribing to home or mobile service
You should look into these features when comparing different internet deals:
- Monthly payment
- Connection speed
- Limit of data usage
- Extra fees during the contract period
- Special offers and promos
You should also know that smaller internet service companies’ services come cheaper, but the speed could be slower than the expensive ones. Combining fast speed with low cost could be hard, and how much you choose to pay for internet-only services depends on what you do with your internet.
If you are using the internet for basic engagements that do not demand fast speed, smaller companies’ services are good. For instance, to consume Netflix content, according to Netflix, all you need is 5Mbps to stream full HD content and 25Mbps for 4K Ultra HD content.
Here are my top picks for you according to the internet service providers.
|S/N||Internet Deal||Total Download Speed||Total Upload Speed||Internet Provider||Monthly Usage||Activation/Installation Fee||Contract Terms|
|1||25Mbps – $50/Mo||25Mbps||10Mbps||Virgin Mobile||Unlimited||None||No long-term contract|
|2||50Mbps – $60/Mo||50Mbps||10Mbps||Virgin Mobile||Unlimited||None||No long-term contract|
|3||100Mbps – $70/Mo||100Mbps||10Mbps||Virgin Mobile||Unlimited||None||No long-term contract|
|4||10Mbps – $30/Mo(plus taxes)||10Mbps||1.5Mbps||Fizz||Unlimited||$30 for installation (you can follow their step-by-step guide to install it for free)||No long-term contract|
|5||15Mbps – $35/Mo(plus taxes)||15Mbps||10Mbps||Fizz||Unlimited||$30 for installation (you can follow their step-by-step guide to install it for free)||No long-term contract|
|6||30Mbps – $44/Mo(plus taxes)||30Mbps||10Mbps||Fizz||Unlimited||$30 for installation (you can follow their step-by-step guide and install it for free)||No long-term contract|
|7||100Mbps(plus taxes)Cost depends on where you live||100Mbps||30Mbps||TekSavvy||Unlimited||$49.95 unless you transfer from another internet provider||No long-term contract|
|8||Fibre 150 – $99.95/Mo||150Mbps||150Mbps||Bell||Unlimited||One time activation fee of $59.95||Prices for your plan may increase during your subscription|
|9||FIBRE+ 300 ($45 per month FOR MOBILE 25GB) – $100/Mo for 24 months, then $110 per month||300Mbps||100Mbps||Shaw||Unlimited||Activation fee of $50||You may need to pay more if you want extra features|
|10||FIBRE+ GIG 1.5 – $165/Mo for 24 months then $175 per month||1.5Gbps||100Mbps||Shaw||Unlimited||Activation fee of $50||You may need to pay more if you want extra features|
Best Internet Deals by Virgin Mobile
Virgin mobile provides some of the best internet deals at low prices. They provide unlimited monthly home internet deals. Their plan is among the best deal for home internet.
Their internet deals are only available in Ontario and Quebec, which means you must be residents of either city to access their services. You can access an unlimited internet connection for as low as $50 per month.
- 25Mbps – $50/Mo or $45 for data cap of 200GB
- 25Mbps for download speed and 10Mbps for upload speed
- Preferable for small homes without high internet demands.
2. 50Mbps – $60/Mo
- 50Mbps for download speed and 10Mbps for upload speed
- Best for homes with limited devices and download requirements.
3. 100Mbps – $70/Mo
- 100Mbps for download speed and 10Mbps for upload speed
- If you like your movies or games in HD, this is plan might be the best for you.
Pros of Virgin Mobile Internet deals
- There is no activation or installation fee.
- Unlimited monthly usage
- Home internet in Ontario and Quebec
- No modem fee
- No dry-loop fee
- No long-term contracts
- Quality modem with strong signal quality across your space
Best Internet Deals by Fizz
Fizz provides both mobile and home internet services. The company’s special feature is that everything happens online as they are an online-only telecom provider, which means you can do all you want right from your comfort zone. If you are stuck navigating their services, you can easily chat with their customer service team.
Fizz offers services only to residents of Ontario and Quebec. With speed ranging from 10Mbps to 120Mbps, their pricing starts from as low as $30.
Here is something you must know about Fizz, their pricing does not include taxes, so you just bear that at the back of your mind.
4. 10Mbps – $30 per month
- 10Mbps download speeds
- 1.5Mbps upload speeds
- Automatic Wi-Fi schedules
5. 15Mbps – $35 per month
- 15Mbps download speeds
- 10Mbps upload speeds
- All in one router and Wi-Fi modem
6. 30Mbps – $44 per month
- 30Mbps download speed
- 10Mbps upload speed
- Band steering (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz)
Pros of Fizz Internet deals
- An online-only platform that allows you to do everything from the comfort of your home
- For every dollar you spend, and every action you take, your reward on their platform starts to grow.
- No data caps on monthly usage, which means you can enjoy the internet as much as you like.
- There is no fixed-term contract. This means you can leave without any penalty.
- Your unused mobile data is rolled over to the next month.
- No modem fee
- You can gift your friends and families your unused mobile data and perks.
Fizz currently offers a referral bonus on all their internet deals when you activate a home service using your friend’s referral code before January 6, 2021. You will both earn $50.
Best Internet Deals by TekSavvy
With TekSavvy internet, you do not need to think much about where you stay. TekSavvy provides internet services in most provinces across Canada. They provide one of Canada’s cheapest internet deals, if not the cheapest, across the country.
7. TekSavvy 100Mbps – price depends on where you live
- Download speeds starting from 100Mbps
- You can connect up to more than 10 devices at once
- There is no long-term commitment in the package, which means you can exit without any penalty.
The pricing of TekSavvy internet deals varies based on where you live. But that is not a challenge. All you need to do is to enter your address on the site and find out.
Other deal by TekSavvy to consider: TekSavvy 75Mbps
- Download speeds up to 75Mbps.
- Connect 5-9 devices at once
- No long-term commitment
- Average their monthly services cost around $3.95, which gives you unlimited data. The prices do not include taxes, and the activation fee is $49.95.
Pros of TekSavvy Internet deals
- Unlimited data option on most plans
- No long-term commitment
- No transfer fee. This means that you would not be charged if you transfer your internet to TekSavvy from another provider. This is cost-effective if you have been thinking of changing your internet provider.
Best Internet Deals by Bell
Bell ranks as one of the best internet providers in Canada. They also offer some of the best internet deals you can take advantage of regardless of your province as it offers mobile services in areas that can not be wired. Their service is super fast and reliable and comes in different packages.
8. Fibre 150 with fibre to your home at $99.95 per month
- Total download speed of up to 150Mbps
- An upload speed of 150Mbps
- Unlimited usage
- $59.95 one-time activation fee
Another great deal by Bell you can take a look at:
Gigabit Fibe with fibre to your home at $119.95 per month
- Total download speed of up to 1Gbps
- An upload speed of 750Mbps
- Unlimited usage
- $59.95 one time activation fee
Pros of Bell Internet deals
- Your installation fee is included in the total payment. You are not paying for installation.
- You have McAfee security.
- Fibre internet is high-speed compared to other internet deals.
Best Internet Deals by Shaw
Shaw offers services mostly in the Western regions of Canada like Alberta and Manitoba. You can install your modem yourself with their step by step guide and save up to a $50 installation fee. Here are some of their best deals:
9. FIBRE+ 300 ($45 per month FOR MOBILE 25GB)
- $100 per month. For 24 months, then $110 per month
- Up to 300Mbps download speeds
- Unlimited data usage
- Fibre+ Gateway modem
- Ideal for up to 12 devices
- Easily manage Wi-Fi on the home app
10. FIBRE+ GIG 1.5
- $165 per month. For 24 months, then $175 per month
- Up to 1.5Gbps download speeds
- Unlimited usage
- Ideal for up to 30 plus devices
Pros of Shaw Internet Deals
- Full house coverage when you pay a bit extra each month
Choosing your best internet deal is hinged upon several factors – where you live, what you use your internet service for, your budget, etc. You can compare the above internet deals and choose one that fits you. You do not have to settle for poor internet deals.
What is the difference between DSL and Cable?
DSL services run through telephone service, which means you must have an active phone line, and the services are only for you. Cable internet is a shared service but does not require a phone line. It all depends on your preference. Internet is the internet, whether it is through DSL or Cable.
What are the benefits of no-contract internet plans?
A no-contract plan gives room for flexibility. This means that you do not have to sign p for a fixed period of time to enjoy the internet.
- You can upgrade and download your internet plans whenever you feel like it.
- No cancellation fee
- You can change location without bothering about what happens to your internet plan.
- You can switch the internet provider with ease.
Are there cheaper internet options if I do not go online often?
Yes, there are. Fido offers a 5Mbps for $35/Mo with a data cap of 50GB. Also, Acanac offers an unlimited 15Mbps internet deal for $39/Mo. Some of the cheapest internet deals are also provided by Fizz and TekSavvy. These could just be for you if you do not go online often.
Where can I buy portable and affordable wireless and Wi-Fi routers?
You can get your wireless and Wi-Fi router at several online and offline shops. Walmart, Canada, stands out. They provide both online and offline purchases, which means you can have it delivered to you irrespective of where you are.