Switching from one phone to another is something everyone experiences at different times in life. However, during those moments, what comes to mind is how to transfer the data and information, especially contacts, on the old phone to the new one.
This used to be a big task, mainly when the two phones operate on a different operating system, like transferring contacts from Android to iPhone. However, you can now share your contacts from your Android to your iPhone easily through various apps and steps.
1. Move to iOS
Move to iOS is an application designed by Apple to help iPhone users transfer their data from their Android-powered devices. According to Apple, the application can transfer contacts, mail accounts, photos, calendars, messages, and videos. It is available on Google Play Store, and it is one of the best ways to move data efficiently from Android to iPhone.
How does Move to iOS work?
The app creates a private Wi-Fi network that tracks the closest android devices that run the same app to transfer your contacts securely. It is an automated process. Below are the step-by-step instructions to use the Move to iOS to help you understand how the app works.
A. On your iPhone
- Set up your iPhone (If you have already set up your iPhone, you will need to delete all files.)
- Open the app on your iPhone.
- Tap move on Move Data from Android.
- You will receive a code on your iPhone. Keep the code safely.
B. On your Android device
- Install Move to iOS on the Android device
Download Move to iOS app from the Google Play Store.
Install and open the application.
You will have to agree on the
terms and conditions.
- Enter the code sent to your iPhone.
- Connect to a network.
C. Initiate the transfer
- Select the information you want to transfer from your Android to your iPhone, in this case, your contacts.
- Click on next.
After this, the contacts transfer starts. Wait for few minutes for the transfer to be completed. The duration depends on the size of the contacts to be transferred.
- Download Move to iOS
The Android phone or tablet on which the contacts are on must be running on Android 4.0 or later, and the iPhone or iPad must have at least iOS 9. Also, the connection between the two devices must not be interrupted during the data transfer for it to work well. It means that you should avoid phone calls or performing any other activities on the Android device while the contact transfer is in progress.
2. Syncing a Google Account
Another method of transferring contacts to an iPhone from an android device is to sync the contacts from your Android to your Google account. It works well with both a new iPhone and one that has already been set up.
A. Follow these steps to sync contacts from your Android phone to your Google account:
- Go to Settings on your Android device.
- Click the Accounts option.
- Select your Google account.
- Click the Google account sync option.
- Turn on the option for Contacts. The syncing of contacts from your phone to the Google account will start.
After this, add your Android’s Google account information to the iPhone.
- On your iPhone, click on the Settings options.
- Click on Passwords & Accounts.
- Click on Add account and select Google.
- Follow the steps to add your Google account to the iPhone.
- The information on your Google account, including your contacts, will automatically be added to your iPhone.
3. Using a SIM Card
Using a nan0-SIM card is another good way to transfer contacts from an android device to an iPhone though it involves physically swapping the SIM card. It is helpful, especially in situations where there is a challenge with your Google account or you do not have a network connection.
A. Open Android’s contacts application. The steps are slightly different from one android device to another.
- Open the Contacts applications on your Android device.
- Click on the Export option on the Manage contacts screen.
- Choose the destination by clicking on SIM Card.
- Choose which contacts you want to export. Click All if you wish all your contacts to be transferred.
Remove the SIM card from the Android device and insert it in the iPhone. Note that this process may be slightly different from one android phone to another.
- Once you have inserted your Android device SIM card into the iPhone and turned it on, go through the above steps, but this time you will click on the import option on the manage contact screen.
You will have your contacts on your iPhone after these steps. There are other ways to transfer your contacts from an android device to your iPhone. However, the above steps are the easiest and the most efficient.