Whether it is a customer service call intended for a review or a conversation with a loved one, there are times you want to record a phone conversation.
While your iPhone can do many things, one of its limitations is that it cannot register a phone call without specialized methods. While this looks impossible, it is possible and straightforward.
Legal Issues with Recording with an iPhone
iPhone is designed to make it impossible to record phone calls because Apple respects your privacy and that of the parties involved during your phone calls. It may also be because Apple does not want to be dragged into legal proceedings concerning call recording.
This does not rule the possibility of recording a call on your iPhone. All you need to do is know the regulation of your location whether you are required to get verbal consent from the other party or parties. Once this is in place, you are free to follow the steps listed below.
Recording with an iPhone
1. Use TapeACall App
TapeACall is perhaps the easiest way to record your call on an iPhone. It makes it easy to record calls in the middle of the conversation or before starting the call. The service is between you, the receiver and the company.
How does TapeACall work? It is simple.
- Once you make a call you would like to record open the app on your phone
- Press record on the app
- The app will pop up the local access number
- Your record starts once TapeACall responds
- Merge the calls
- Your recording will be available for download on the app once you end the call
- If you are the one making the call, the number should be dialled from the app, after which you will add the second party and have the calls merged into one. If you are the receiver, you will hold the caller while adding and connecting the local access number of TapeACall
Here is a list of advantages the app provides:
- Access is unlimited
- You do not have to pay per minute
- It is easy to navigate and use
- You can record incoming and outgoing calls. Other methods offer mainly recording for outgoing calls.
- You can download the recordings in mp3 format.
- Once you download the recording, you can share it
- Probably the super good thing about the app is that it works well anywhere in the world
- You can download the app on Google Play Store. Once you do this, you will need to subscribe per month or year.
2. Google Voice App
Suppose you cannot afford a paid service like that of TapeACall. Google Voice app gives you the option of recording incoming calls for free. However, one of the limitations of the app is that it only provides room for incoming call recording.
Another thing you have to be aware of with the app is that the other party will be notified of the recording whenever you start. But these are small sacrifices you may consider if you consider the financial cost of paid apps.
This is how the Google Voice app works:
– Open the Google Voice app.
– Then tap the menu bar to turn on incoming call options under the call section.
– Once you do this, you are good to go.
– You can now answer the call with your google voice number.
– All you need to do to start recording is top tap four on your keypad. You will do the same to end the recording.
– You will find the recordings in your voicemails.
– Once you are done, the recorded conversation will pop up under your call and voicemail lists.
3. External Voice Recorder
Probably you are already thinking recording a call on your iPhone is all about apps; no, it is not. You can record your call with an external recorder. Though it is not the best of what you want, it is still efficient.
It is simple. Your phone should be on speaker mode for the recording to be clear to start the recording. A few of the recommended audio recorders are Olympus 4 GB WS-852 recorder, Olympus 8 GB WS-852 recorder, EVIDA 8 GB recorder, and Yemenren 8 GB recorder.
Skype is where you can turn to when all else fails. Though Skype is not familiar these days, you can use it to record both audio and video calls.
The limitation is that the other party will receive a notification that the call is being recorded. The recordings will be in Skype’s cloud for 30 days. This means that you can save and share the recording.
Recording calls with your iPhone may look hard at the first instance, but it is easy. You can use any of these methods.